Basic characteristics of networks with self-similar traffic simulation
This paper is devoted to simulations the networks with self-similar traffic. The self-similarity in the stochastic process is identified by calculation of the Herst parameter value. Based on the results, received from the experimental research of network perfomance, we may conclude that the observed traffic in real-time mode is self-similar by its nature. Given results may be used for the further investigation of network traffic and work on the existing models of network traffic (particularly for new networks concepts like IoT, WSN, BYOD etc) from viewpoint of its cybersecurity. Furthermore, the adequacy of the description of real is achieved by complexifying the models, combining several models and integration of new parameters. Accordingly, for more complex models, there are higher computing abilities needed or longer time for the generation of traffic realization.
2. А. Melikov, L. Ponomarenko, V. Paladuk. Teletraffic: Models, methods, optimization, K.: IPK «Polytechnica», 2007,256 p.
3. О. Sheluhin, А Tenyakshev, А. Osin. Modeling of information systems. Study guide, М.: Radiotechnica, 2005, 368 p.
4. А. Privalov, М. Bayeva. Modeling of self-simirlar traffic// News from the Samara science centre of Russian science academy, P. 1041-1046.
5. А. Kostromitskyi. Approaches to self-similar traffic modeling // Eastern-Europe journal of modern technologies, 2010, 4/7 (46), С. 46-49.
6. R. Shyhaliyev. Аnalysis and classification of network traffic in computer networks // Information technologies problems, 2010. – №2, С. 15-23.
7. Е. Dobrovolskyi, О. Nechyporuk. Мodeling of the network traffic with the use of context methods // Science works ОNАZ named after. О. S. Popov, 2005, №1, P. 24-32.
8. І. Matychyn, V. Onyshchevko. Мodeling and analysis of telecommunication systems and networks traffic // Visnyk DUIKT, 2013, №4, P. 20-27.
9. N. Trenogyn, D. Е. Sokolov. Fractal features of network traffic in a client-server information system // Vestnyk NII SYVPT, P. 163-172.
10. A. Kostromitsky Network traffic analysis and monitoring tool re-view, Access mode: http://pi.314159.ru/volotka/volotka1.htm
11. Y. Semenov Network modeling, Access mode: http://citforum.ck.ua/nets/semenov/4/45/modl4517.shtml
Copyright (c) 2019 Autobusy – Technika, Eksploatacja, Systemy Transportowe
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.