The influence of hydrogen addition for exhaust gas emission in SI gas engine
Wpływ dodatku wodoru na emisję toksycznych składników spalin w gazowym silniku spalinowym o zapłonie iskrowym
One of the major problems in internal combustion engines is emission of pollutans with exhaust gases. Those pollutants are not only harmeful for enviroment but also for humans. To decrease emmision of polu-tants many mechanical and chemical methodes are used in internal combustion engines especially in exhaust system such as TWC, DPF, SCR. Alternative way for decrease in exhaust gas pollutants is use of alternative fuel as a primary energy carier or as an additional fuel for base hydrocarbon one. In this studies the hydrogen was used as a additional fuel to methane. Both fuels were delivered to intake mani-fold. The share of the fuel was 100/0 methane/hydrogen and 70/30 methane/hydrogen. The addition of hydrogen to base fuel shown decreas of exhaust pollutants from engine and inrease in engine operating parameters.
2. Changwei J., Shuofeng W., Effect of hydrogen addition on combustion and emissions performance of a spark ignition gasoline engine at lean conditions, International journal of hydrogen energy 34 ( 2009 ) 7823 – 7834
3. Grab-Rogaliński K., Szwaja S.:Combustion of Biomethane in an IC Engine with Over-Expanded Cycle, 2017 International Confer-ence on Green Energy and Applications ICGEA2017, Nanayang Technological University, Singapore 25-27 March, p.148-152, 2017
4. Grab-Rogaliński K., Szwaja S.: Miller cycle application to gaseous supercharged SI engine, Combustion engines Vol. 3, pp. 881-885, 2015
5. Kahramana E, Ozcanlıb S. C., Ozerdemb B., An experimental study on performance and emission characteristics of a hydrogen fuelled spark ignition engine, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 32 (2007) 2066 – 2072
6. Karim G. A., Hydrogen as a spark ignition engine fuel, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 28 (2003) 569 – 577
7. Kaye G.W.C.,Laby T.H., Tables of Physical and Chemical Con-stants and Some Mathematical Functions (16th Edition 1995), Longman Sc & Tech, Harlow, 1995, ISBN 978-0582226296
8. Nande, A., Szwaja, S., and Naber, J., "Impact of EGR on Com-bustion Processes in a Hydrogen Fuelled SI Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1039, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1039
9. Szwaja S., Grab-Rogaliński K.: Hydrogen combustion in a com-pression ignition diesel engine. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy Vol. 34 nr 10, 2009
Copyright (c) 2019 Autobusy – Technika, Eksploatacja, Systemy Transportowe
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.